Sunday 27 September 2015

Event 1/40 of #fortyb4forty

Wnat a beautiful day it was today. The sun was out, the temperature was really pleasant and what a fabulous atmosphere generally.

So today was Perform 5, which was a 5 mile road race organised by the Ageas Bowl, and marshalled by Hedge End Running Club.

If you saw my blog post yesterday I mentioned that I decided to enter at the last minute. Yes, I was nervous, but I found a group of club members to run with, and that made it so much easier to keep moving round the course. Roberta stay with me the whole way, and for that I am eternally grateful. I think overall I probably ran accumulativly 4-4.5 miles of the route. I ran the first nearly 3.5 miles.

So, what have I learnt from today:

  • Running with a head of mental mess is not recommended. It really interfered with my focus and having Roberta to be that physical voice telling me to keep going really did so much to change some of that
  • I Definitely need to ignore the negative voices when I need to go and do some training.
  • I am capable of anything.
  • I am amazing
  • I belong to an amazing running club
  • I have amazing friends and family who believe in me
  • My dad and my grandparents would be so proud of me watching from heaven.
I had my first episode of being sick once finishing a race. Not pleasant but I did feel better after!!!

It's a 4 weeks until GSR. I'm not going to panic or worry about it. I will just enjoy, get around and do the best I can, knowing I am raising money for a fantastic charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment