Monday 21 September 2015

#fortyb4forty

I recently saw a video on Twitter recently, on which a triathlete mentioned that he was going to try and do 30 events before he was 30.

This got me thinking. What an awesome challenge. Except I'm the wrong end of the 30's to consider it. Therefore, why don't I do 40 events before I am 40? This gives me about 73 weeks/17 months to do this.

The practicalities - namely cost and time. I'm not sure I could find 40 fairly local organised events, let alone afford to pay for them all. But, there are events coming up that, whilst some are not timed and are free, contribute to HERC's place on league tables. So I intend to take part in the Southern Cross Country League races this autumn/winter. Then there are parkruns which are timed events. Again they are free. Considering I have done only 16 since I started them in May last year, I could also work towards getting my 50th parkrun milestone in the bargain. I do have the great south run and Southampton half marathon booked, so this is looking doable. I might do a triathlon or  aquathlon too.

So, I have a challenge now. Let's go!!!

Here is my fundraising page raising money and awareness for Progressive Supranuclear Palsy:

https://www.justgiving.com/Helen-Hobbs2

This is the charity website for the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association:

http://www.pspassociation.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment