Saturday 12 March 2016

Spring has arrived (unofficially).

What a beautiful morning today. It was still 5 Celsius when I got to parkrun this morning but it didn't take long to warm up once I got going.

Well, this morning's event has been interesting to review. First running with a snot-ridden head makes things a lot more difficult, however, thanks to a change in route for today, I was able to produce my fastest time for this year. My watch, however, isn't agreeing, and showed a much slower time (nearly 30 secs slower).  On analysing past results  for this year and comparing chip times and parkrun starting times, it seems that actually my watch could be at fault as it is consistently slower by 20+ seconds. That's a lot of seconds!!

So training has been rubbish. Viral tonsillitis, and then a cold more recently, has at times, left me feeling like I've been hit by a brick wall. So I struggled today. Next Sunday is Eastleigh 10k. I have severe doubts going through my head, because for the last month I have struggled to run even 3 miles.

So I've now completed 12 events of #fortyb4forty. Just 28 to go............


No comments:

Post a Comment