Saturday 31 May 2014

Let me introduce you.....

...to the man who has really made a difference in my life and who I am raising money in memory of for Cancer Research.

This is my Dad, Jeff Watts, who passed away on 29th October 2007 from a short illness with cancer. He and Mum had been living their dream of living in France when he was diagnosed in July 2007, and sadly passed away a few months later. He was my daddy and I thought the world of him. He liked to a have a good joke, but was also the stern daddy when he needed to be. And for all that I thank him.
He served the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary with such commitment. At our local police station, where he worked, he got involved with the social committee as secretary, and helping with the organisation of events. Through all this he was developing lots of computer skills which later on, served him when he changed jobs.  Even when he retired he continued to enjoy playing with gadgets, and had am amazing amount of software and equipment.

He was a good friend to a lot of people would often help others out if they needed it.

When he passed away, he had one grandson (my son), and another grandchild was on the way, who arrived a month after he passed away. This cut us all pretty hard.

And now? I think of him a lot. I miss him everyday. But I see his smile all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment