Saturday 21 November 2015

Entering races

Three running events entered recently, all club participation ones as well, including our club championships race, but I'm certainly not going with the expectation of winning anything. These are all in aid of my challenge, to participate as a running club member, and to include training for my half marathon event next April.

Tomorrow morning I'm going on a 6m/10k training run. How much running will actually happen I'm not sure but I plan to get around it all, and get miles in my legs.

I get nervous when entering races where club participation is part of the race. I put too much pressure on myself to feel that I have to be up with the stronger runners. I know that I don't have to be.

And I have 63 weeks left to do 35 events.

No comments:

Post a Comment