Tuesday 17 November 2015

Lessons to be learnt

So, tonight I went back to running club after a couple of weeks off running to give my knee a rest after experiencing a lot of pain at great South run, and in training in the week following.

I have joined a running programme at running club to run a half marathon in less than 2 hours. This really could be a big challenge for me. I came into the programme later than the other participants, and am definitely less fitter than most of the other participants too.

Anyhow, I managed 3 x 800m internals with a one minute rest between each 800m. Thursday is supposedly a 6 mile run. I confess, I'm somewhat nervous as to whether I will realistically manage it.

Anyhow, tonight I went back to wearing my brooks trainers and had no knee pain or even slight discomfort. Lesson is don't change your trainers if what you have is working for you!!!!!

No news on the PSPA article as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment