Thursday 6 October 2016

Event 30 of #fortyb4forty

Yes!! I am now 75% complete of the challenge. It is now a countdown to 40. What a nice feeling!

So, what did I do? I took part in the RNLI 10k in Portsmouth. A very flat route, good prep for the Great South Run which is in 17 days time. The weather was just lovely. I had no idea how the race was going to go. In previous runs I was struggling to get to 1 mile without needing to walk so today was going to be interesting, one thing I tend to do is to set off too quickly, so I had to really hold myself back and let everyone overtake me. However, this way of doing things meant I ran the first three miles of the race before needing to walk. I was so pleased with myself. It gives me hope for the GSR that whilst I probably won't run it (never say never however), it feels that it could be a lot more comfortable to do. I absolutely loved the medal at the end. I finished with my best 10k run for the year.

Haven't really planned when I'm doing event 31, but that's okay. I have vague ideas when races happen but entering races at the last minute always adds to the fun of it,



No comments:

Post a Comment