Sunday 4 October 2015

Event 3/40 #fortyb4forty

So, like last week, I decided to do a race today at the very last minute. It came up because someone was poorly and couldn't run, and someone else suggested if I wanted to have a go. Why not. It's only 8 miles. Good practice for GSR in three weeks, where I would be running along Southsea promenade anyway. I could do this, couldn't I?

Generally I had a ball today. Wearing my headphones made a huge difference in focussing my mind away from nasty derogatory thoughts, (not that I had many) by focussing on singing (not loudly) familiar words of songs. I didn't run it all. I'm okay with that. I didn't expect to, as it's a huge leap in mileage from recent runs.  But I still came in with a very nice time of 1:38:45.

I belong to an epic running club. Along the way back to the RNLI station, at mile 7, Keith came and joined me (having already finished) and ran with me back to the finish line, where more hedgies were waiting to cheer me in.

I really did enjoy today. I'm looking forward to GSR in three weeks time.

(The medal is pretty cool too)




No comments:

Post a Comment