Friday 1 January 2016

Events no. 7&8 #fortyb4forty

Happy New Year!!!!!!

We are now in 2016 and it has got off to a cracking start.

Went along to parkrun this morning at my usual haunt, and got around the course. To say that sections of the course was muddy and wet was an understatement (not too windy) and once I got going I forgot that I had been cold. It was about 6C. I had got all my kit ready the night before, set my alarm, and pretty much would be ready to go. 

Prior to leaving for the parkrun, there was a post on our running club Facebook page about who was doing a double parkrun I.e. Going on to another parkrun location once finished the first. I um'd and ahhhhh'd before deciding (after some persuasion) that I would go onto the next parkrun. So I did, and I got around that one. It was the first time that I had gone along to this particular parkrun so as well as a double parkrun, I can now announce I have been to a grand total of 4 different parkruns since first starting them in 2014. 

Looking at my times from this morning, I am optimistic that I can improve on these as the year progresses providing I keep going. However, as much as I was amazed that I persuaded myself to go to the second parkrun, I did in fact start the year with a distance of 10k/6miles. Happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment